Financial Advisor Industry’s Future
The challenge, like looking for the right brand or shampoo, is deciding what kind of advisor to work with. You have probably stood in the grocery store before wondering, “Am I looking to tame my oily hair or give it fuller body?”
Most of us know what our hair needs like the back of our hands, but deciphering what type of financial advisor to hire can be more challenging.
It isn’t an impossible choice, of course. Plenty of people have picked financial advisors and lived to tell about it – but if you want a solid working relationship that helps you make smart financial decisions, it pays to understand what you’re getting into and why you’re even talking to an advisor in the first place.
The following are the seven steps to choosing a financial advisor:
- Figure out if you need a financial advisor.
- Decide what services you need.
- Select which type of advisor you want.
- Determine what you can afford.
- Get referrals from friends or Google.
- Check the financial advisor’s credentials.
- Interview multiple advisors.