What Does It Mean To Have A Financial Plan?
Degrees of Planning
The answer can vary greatly. A true financial plan includes more than money and investments. Our process creates a personalized roadmap that assists you in reaching your goals and dreams.
Those who could benefit from a foundational plan include:
- New families – Getting established and finding a direction for the future.
- Individuals making a great start – New job…new home…new town… finding the financial “things” that fit for you.
- People wanting a savings plan – Up and running? Find help making your money work for YOU.
- People going through life changes – Moving… getting married… divorce… life changes require a new look at your finances.
- “Putting it all together” mindset – Been busy doing it yourself? Lots of parts to fit together? You need a PLAN!
- A “getting from here to there” goal – A vacation home…a boat…retiring early… dreams become reality when you have a PLAN.
- People wanting to manage debt – Debt is a an often necessary “evil.” You don’t have to be burdened though!
Emergent planning candidates may be identified as:
- Professionals – Dentists, doctors, attorneys, CPAs, salespeople ALL need help building a financial future.
- Business owners – You’re focused on your business…who’s focused on YOU?
- Corporations /Corporate ownership – Going beyond taxation and asset protection… how does your corporation benefit you?
- Tax Strategies – Tax now, tax later…tax mitigation. There’s a LOT you can do NOW to help!
- Investment Planning – Do it yourself? Too many moving parts. You KNOW you need an outside voice.
- Retirement Income Planning – Saving and spending are two very different things.
- Special needs planning – There’s a lot you can do to provide for the special needs people you love.
Prospective advanced planning clients tend to have issues like:
- High net-worth – Where is your net-worth positioned? It’s a very different set of obstacles.
- Wealth preservation – Friction on your money comes from every quarter. How can you be sure you’ve covered all of your bases?
- Estate transfer -Keeping your money while you’re alive is “easy…” Want to pass it on and create a legacy? Now THAT needs attention.
- Business succession – Transitioning a business to the next generation seems simple, but what are you missing?
- Generational planning – You’ve accumulated and saved for your future, and some to pass on. Who will help your next generation?
- Legacy planning – How do you want to be remembered? Who do you want to remember you?
- Charitable gift planning – There are better ways to show your love to the causes you care about.
Investment Advisory Services offered through Investment Advisor Representatives of Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Adviser Securities offered through Registered Representatives of Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a broker-dealer, member FINRA (www. finra.org) and SIPC (www.sipc.com), to residents of: AL, AR, AZ, CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NE, NM, NJ, NY, NV, OH, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY. Cambridge and Slate, Disharoon, Parrish & Associates, LLC are not affiliated.
A broker-dealer, investment advisor, BD agent, or IA representative may only transact business in a state if first registered appropriately. Follow-up, individualized responses to persons in a state by such a firm or individual that involve either effecting or attempting to effect transactions in securities or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, will not be made without first complying with appropriate registration requirements. For information concerning the licensing status or disciplinary history of a broker-dealer, investment adviser, BD agent, or IA representative, a consumer should contact his or her state securities law administrator.
Cambridge does not provide tax advice.
Check out the background of firms and investment professionals on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.
9724 Kingston Pike, Suite 701
Knoxville, TN 37922
(865) 357-7370 Phone
(865) 357-7374 Fax
126 Stonehenge Drive, Suite C-3
Crossville, TN 38558